Talking About Death Won’t Kill You
September 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Author visit with Dr. Kathy Kortes-Miller.
Dr. Kathy Kortes-Miller sees death and dying as an integral part of life that deserves and demands acknowledgement, respect, and even a bit of lightheartedness.
Join Kathy Kortes-Miller and The Honourable Sharon Carstairs for a discussion that will include practical strategies and advice for:
- advance care planning for ourselves and our loved ones;
- how to have conversations about end-of-life wishes with loved ones;
- how to talk to children about death;
- how to build a compassionate workplace;
- how to support our colleagues;
- how to talk to health-care practitioners;
- how to manage challenging family dynamics as someone is dying;
- what is involved in medical assistance in dying (MAID)
This event is co-hosted by the Ottawa Public Library and Compassionate Ottawa.
Wednesday, September 18, 7 pm
Location: Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre, 355 Cooper Street
Free parking off Lisgar St.