Time to celebrate! It's our 1st birthday!
This year, we successfully laid the foundations of our research on building compassionate communities.
May this be the start of a new year filled with strong team work, robust research, and brand new initiatives. So many things have happened in the past year, we couldn’t resist giving a quick recap.
Since the Launch in February 2019, we have:
- Partnered with four research sites in Centretown, South-East Ottawa, Bells Corners and Orleans.
- Welcomed six new members to the team.
- Held over 50 initial consultations with community partners.
- Established three Advisory Councils with more than 30 members.
- Attended national and international conferences.
- Presented at the Public Health Palliative Care International conference in Melbourne, and were accepted to present at the Hospice Palliative Care Ontario conference in April.
- Invited to speak at over a dozen local and regional fora, including the Thursday Evening Series.
- Attended Projection Week in Montreal.
- Shadowed programs in our sites, and built connections with staff, volunteers, clients, and parishioners.
- Held quarterly meetings with our dedicated Steering Committee.
- Coordinated with Data Analysts to gather quantitative information on our sites.
- Collaborated with the GIS Centre at Carleton University to assist with Asset-Mapping.
- Extended our timeline to August 2o22 to give us more time to accomplish our goals.
For this coming year, we have some exciting things on the agenda. We'll be implementing our data collection strategy via interviews and focus groups - collecting some 200 voices from across Ottawa - and developing initiatives with our community partners that meet community needs. Thank you to all of our partners, funders and sponsors for being part of the journey!
Stay tuned for more information as we share our initial research findings ...